Facial Aesthetic Services
Anti -Wrinkle injections involves injecting a purified protein into specific muscles in the face to temporarily relax them, softening facial expressions and helping to reverse the signs of ageing.
Anti-wrinkle injections can be used to treat frown lines, but can be used in other areas of the face including forehead lines and crows feet. It can be prescribed after an in depth consultation to evaluate the expectations and needs of each individual patient.
Dr. Nadine is fully trained to carry out injections on the forehead and eyes as well as more advanced techniques.
When should I consider Anti-wrinkle injections
- When you are concerned the severity of the lines on your face
What results will I see?
- Your face will appear more relaxed, but not mask-like
- The overall result is very natural
How long does it take to work?
- The treatment become visible within 48 to 72 hours
- The full effect is reached in two-three weeks
How long does it last?
- Two to four months.
How does it work?
- The active ingredient, botulinum toxin type A, temporarily weakens the muscles which cause for the lines on the face caused by movement
- Static facial lines such as those due to sun damage are not amenable to this treatment as they are not caused by muscle activity
Are there any side effects?
- patients may possibly experience a headache and injection reactions such as swelling, redness, rash,irritation, itching, numbness, pain, discomfort, stinging, bleeding or bruising
- If they occur these side effects are normally mild, reversible and happen within a week of treatment.
- Slight dropping of the eyelid or visual problems are a very rare side effect of this treatment.
Dermal fillers are used for aesthetic treatments and are injected into the skin. They are designed to effectively reduce the appearance of unwanted wrinkles, contour and create volume, and to revitalise the skin. Dermal fillers are based on Hyaluronic acid which is a substance that naturally exists in your body. Dermal fillers revitalise and add volume to the skin, instantly diminishing the appearance of lines and wrinkles, and giving a natural softer look
The result of a treatment can be seen instantly and can last for around 6 to 9 months. Dermal filler injections can give a natural looking effect that does not affect facial expression
Dermal fillers can smooth away facial lines and wrinkles, create fuller lips and shape facial contours, such as cheeks and revitalise the skin.
See below the following areas most commonly treated by dermal fillers:
- Frown lines: when we contract our forehead muscles, the glabella, deep lines can appear. Also referred to as an “11”, frown lines form between your eyebrows.
- Smoker’s lines: dermal fillers can help to smooth and fill out these vertical lines around the mouth for a much softer, younger look.
- Marionette lines: located just below the corners of the mouth, these wrinkles can make you look sad when you relax your face.
- Lips:Many people can benefit from using lip fillers to subtly make their lips plumper, increase contours and lip outlines or, if the lips are asymmetric, gently modify them to adjust proportions.<
- Nasolabial folds: also referred to as “smile lines”, run down the sides of the nose to the corner of the mouth. Most of us notice them when we smile, but over time they can develop into grooves.
- Cheeks: ageing usually contributes to volume loss in the cheeks; the round, full look diminishes as the fat pads in our cheeks gravitate downwards.Many people can benefit from cheek fillers to improve facial contour.
Why you’re safe with Dr. Nadine McCarthy for dermal fillers
- We believe it’s vital that any practitioner administering these products should have an in depth understanding of facial muscles, skin types, nerve supply and the underlying anatomical framework – only then can a suitable treatment that fits your needs be agreed and carried out properly and safely.
How long do dermal fillers take to work?
- You will see a subtle immediate effect.
Are there any side effects?
- Any redness usually settles in hours, swelling and most bruising in a few days.
- Other extremely rare side effects include allergy, granulomas and, very rarely, damage to blood vessels that can lead to tissue damage.